
When I am at the beach I prefer a vanilla, strawberry or yoghurt flavoured ice-cream. Just nice simple flavours to make my day at the seaside more pleasurable. But this year the ice-cream flavours at the beach will not be the same…
SKELMERSDALE 4/06/2010 - The award winning ice-cream fabricant Frederick’s Dairies has presented the new summer hit for 2010, Fish ‘n Chips ice-cream. The ice-cream makers say that this peculiar flavour is ‘A taste of the British seaside in a lick’ and expect it to be a great hit for the upcoming summer. Frederick’s Dairies is known for producing weird ice-cream flavours, they are the inventors of the Salad Ice-cream and Pizza Ice-cream. According to the company there is a big trend around creating unusual flavours and making odd combinations. Their ‘creamed cod fillet ice cream in vanilla and pepper batter, accompanied by potato ice cream chips and salt and vinegar seasoning and lemon wedges, on a bed of newspaper’ is certainly different.
Now, I am not the biggest fan of Fish ‘n Chips so the ice-cream version of it does not appeal to me at all. Perhaps there are some people who might enjoy it, but I can not imagine that this will become a great hit. Fried ice-cream in the middle of a hot day does not sound very refreshing. I can see that the company might be pressured to invent new creative flavours since they have a lot of competition, but this crosses the line. I believe that their new flavour will sooner be ridiculed than it will be worshiped. What do you think forum, is this a new hit or is it a desperate cry for attention?
Marijn
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lancashire/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8722000/8722043.stm
Okay, two things:
ReplyDelete1. Oh, my god!
2. Why?
This is ridiculous! I do not understand the urge of people to push everything to the limit. Just like musicals, everything has be turned in to a musical! And now this, Fish and Chips ice cream. Can someone tell me why? Why? Why?
I am against all these developments that have no use. Instead of putting money in the making of disgusting Ice cream, try to find a cure for cancer or something! Make yourself usefull!